Corporate Facts - Strange but True
1) A single share of Coca-Cola stock, purchased in 1919, when the company
went public, would have been worth $92,500 in 1997.
2) Nestlé is the largest company in Switzerland, yet more than
98 percent of its revenue comes from outside the country.
3) The 3 most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca-Cola, and
Budweiser, in that order.
4) The first domain name ever registered was Symbolics.com.
5) The largest employer in the world is the Indian railway system, employing
over a million people.
6) Workers at Matsushita Electric Company, in Japan, beat dummies of
their foremans with bamboo sticks to let off steam. The company at this
time enjoyed 30 percent growth for 25 consecutive years.
7) Average age of top GM executives in 1994: 49.8 years.